Here at The Road Back To Life, we are committed to helping our fellow kidney patients. We believe that being informed of all your options is necessary to make the best decisions for your life. In this article, we are highlighting Comagine Healthcare’s Network 16 as a valuable resource for kidney patients and their care team. The following information was taken from their website:
Comagine Health’s ESRD program serves end-stage renal disease patients and providers through:
• Grievance investigations
• Quality improvement technical assistance
• Data management
• Emergency management support
• Patient and provider education
We are committed to improving care and quality of life for people with kidney disease.
Network 16 is one of 18 Networks under contract with CMS to work collaboratively with dialysis professionals, providers, and patients to improve patient care. The Network operates in Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and Washington. According to Title XVIII Section 1881 of the Social Security Act, we are responsible for:
• Encouraging, consistent with sound medical practice, the use of the treatment settings most compatible with the successful rehabilitation of the patient and the participation of patients, providers of services, and renal disease facilities in vocational rehabilitation programs
• Developing criteria and standards relating to the quality and appropriateness of patient care and with respect to working with patients, facilities, and providers in encouraging participation in vocational rehabilitation programs; and network goals with respect to the placement of patients in self-care settings and undergoing or preparing for transplantation
• Evaluating the procedure by which facilities and providers in the Network assess the appropriateness of patients for proposed treatment modalities
• Implementing a procedure for evaluating and resolving patient grievances
• Conducting on-site reviews of facilities and providers as necessary, utilizing standards of care established by the Network Organization to assure proper medical care
Comagine Health’s ESRD Network
Comagine Health’s ESRD Network strives to promote optimal care for people with end-stage renal disease. Optimal care includes not only safe and quality care, but also improved patient independence and quality of life. Vocational rehabilitation (VR) provides a path to reduce the impact of kidney disease on your lifestyle and income.
Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) Agencies and State Vocational Rehabilitation agencies furnish a wide variety of services to help people with disabilities return to work. These services are designed to provide the client with the training and other services that are needed to return to work, to enter a new line of work, or to enter the workforce for the first time. VR Counselors help to evaluate strengths, resources, priorities, concerns, abilities, and career interests. They help clients get the education or training they need to get a good job, help with job seeking, and with education-related expenses. They can also assist with understanding how work will impact Social Security Benefits.
Having kidney disease has changed your life, but there are things you can do to reduce the impact on your lifestyle and income. Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) provides a path to: • Education • Higher income • Better insurance and health care access • Greater independence • Improved confidence • More friends • Better quality-of-life • More normal lifestyle • A sense of purpose and identity • More likely to get a transplant
To find out more, here are the links: