Resources for patients:
If you’re interested in learning more about kidney disease, or if you’re looking for a support group, this is the place for you. Here are some resources to help you stay informed and connected.
Information About Your Kidneys and Dialysis
Learn more about how to live with kidney disease.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – Chronic Kidney Disease: https://www.cdc.gov/diabetes/programs/initiatives/kidney.html
- End Stage Renal Disease Networks: https://esrdnetworks.org/
- Home Dialysis Central: http://www.homedialysis.org/
- Mayo Clinic Chronic Kidney Disease: http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/chronic-kidney-disease/home/ovc-20207456
- Polycystic Kidney Disease: https://pkdcure.org/
Support and Patient Advocacy Groups
Connect with other patients, caregivers and loved ones to share individual experiences with dialysis and living with kidney disease.
- American Association of Kidney Patients: https://aakp.org/
- American Kidney Fund: http://www.kidneyfund.org/
- Dialysis Patient Citizens (DPC): http://www.dialysispatients.org/
- Kidney & Urology Foundation of America, Inc.: http://www.kidneyurology.org/
- Life Options Rehabilitation Program: https://lifeoptions.org/
- National Kidney Foundation: www.kidney.org Renal Support Network: http://www.rsnhope.org
Dialysis While Traveling
ARA’s Travel Department assists patients schedule their dialysis treatments when traveling, including locating the closest dialysis center to the final destination. If you’re planning a trip, contact the Travel Department. If you’re curious to
see where other dialysis clinics are located, you can use these resources.
- Dialysis Units in the USA: http://nephron.com/usacgi.html
- Dialysis Finder: https://dialysisfinder.com/
- Global Dialysis: www.globaldialysis.com
Industry Organizations and Publications
Learn more about what’s happening in the healthcare industry, including a specific look at the world of dialysis.
- American Diabetes Association: http://www.diabetes.org/
- American Society of Nephrology (ASN): https://www.asn-online.org/
- Kidney Health Initiative: https://www.asn-online.org/khi/
- National Institutes of Health: www.nih.gov
- Nephrology News & Issues: www.nephronline.com
- NEPHCURE Kidney International: http://nephcure.org/
- NIDDK Publications On-line: https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/kidney-disease
- pcori (Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute): http://www.pcori.org/
Kidney Transplant Resources
Some dialysis patients are fortunate enough to find a donor. Learn more about receiving a transplant.
- American Transplant Foundation: http://www.americantransplantfoundation.org
- Donate Life America: https://www.donatelife.net/
- Gift of Life Donor Program: http://www.donors1.org/
- UNOS (United Network for Organ Sharing): https://www.unos.org/
COVID-19 Webinar Events
To support ongoing COVID-19 information and education needs in the End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) Network community, the ESRD National Coordinating Center (NCC) is facilitating a series of COVID-19 educational events. These recurring webinar events
will feature professional and patient subject matter experts from around the country sharing how they or their organizations are coping with and combatting COVID-19 in their areas of practice. You can register for Provider or Patient events